Badlands Beef Soup
This staple recipe is a must-try for any slow-cooking beginner. It’s filling, tasty, simple, gluten-free and nutritious – what more can you want?
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 8 hours | Servings: 8
- 1 pound (450g) beef roast, cubed
- ½ pound (225g) green beans, sliced
- 4 potatoes (450g), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup (200g) green peas
- 1 can (400g) diced tomatoes
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups water
- 1 thyme sprig
- Combine all of your ingredients (beef, green beans, potatoes, peas, tomatoes, onion, celery, carrots, water, thyme) in your slow cooker.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and place your thyme sprig on top.
- Put the lid on and cook on ‘low’ for 8 hours.
- Your soup is best served warm.
Calories: 219 | Fat: 3.8g | Protein: 21g | Carbohydrates: 25.1 | Fiber: 5.4g | Sugar: 4.6g
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Gluten-free… 101 Crockpots!, which is available below!
YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO FANTASTIC SLOW-COOKED GLUTEN-FREE MEALS COOKED WHILE YOU SLEEP! Want to create delicious gluten-free soups, roasts, breakfasts, bread and casseroles with ease? Then you will LOVE this simple stress-free guide to gluten-free crockpot cooking! Includes easy step-by-step instructions, cooking tips and simple recipes for 101 original and scrumptious gluten-free slow-cooked crockpot feasts while you sleep! BONUS: EXTRA COOKBOOK INSIDE! More info →
YOUR ULTIMATE GUIDE TO FANTASTIC GLUTEN-FREE DESSERTS AND SLOW-COOKED GLUTEN-FREE MEALS COOKED WHILE YOU SLEEP! This bundle of three cookbooks is full of delicious recipes for gluten-free soups, roasts, breakfasts, bread and casseroles, pies, muffins, brownies and puddings with ease. You will LOVE this simple stress-free guide to gluten-free cooking which includes more than 250 step-by-step, delicious and simple recipes while saving you 50%! BONUS: EXTRA XMAS RECIPE COOKBOOK INSIDE! More info →