Buffalo Chicken Wrap
I love wraps because I love to eat with my hands – it is such a sensual experience. The rutabagas in this low-salt recipe are full of anti-oxidants and anti-cancer compounds, and are also packed with vitamin C!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Serves: 4
- 2 chipotle peppers
- 3 ounces chicken breast
- 2 diced celery stalks
- 2 carrots
- 2 whole-grain tortillas
- 4 ounces spinach
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 diced yellow onion
- ½ cup sliced rutabaga
- Preheat your oven to 375°F fan-forced (190°C) and prepare your baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place your chicken breasts onto a baking sheet. Put them into the oven and bake them for 10 minutes on each side.
- After this time, take your chicken out of the oven, allow it to cool, and cut it up into small cubes.
- Meanwhile, take out your blender and puree the peppers with your mayonnaise and the white wine vinegar.
- Place all remaining ingredients (besides the tortillas and spinach) into the bowl, and mix them together well.
- Put some of the spinach and your pepper puree onto each tortilla. Top each with a handful of chicken cubes, and then wrap the whole thing up. Cut each tortilla in half before serving.
Fiber: 5g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 8g | Carbohydrate: 26g | Sodium: 367mg
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Salt-lite… in 30 Minutes!, which is available below!
This life-changing low-salt cookbook will show you EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT USING DIET TO REDUCE YOUR CHANCES OF STROKE, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND HEART ATTACK, and still keeping the TASTE in every single meal you eat! It includes a complete two-week flexible DASH Diet meal planner with 54 recipes for FULL-FLAVORED low-salt breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts! More info →