Carolina Pulled Pork
Pork is perfect as a slow-cooker gluten-free recipe as it shreds easily and achieves ‘melt-in-your-mouth’ status with very little effort. This dish is versatile – for instance, it can be stored up to 4 days in the refrigerator and used in sandwiches or as a garnish for vegetables or mashed potatoes.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 8 hours | Servings: 8
- 3 pounds (1400g) pork roast
- 1 cup (250ml) gluten-free ketchup
- 1 cup (250ml) gluten-free vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free hot sauce (such as “Frank’s Red Hot Original”)
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine your ketchup, gluten-free vegetable stock, brown sugar, gluten-free hot sauce, tamari and salt to create a tasty sauce.
- Spread this sauce over your pork roast and place the meat in your slow cooker, adding any leftover sauce.
- Cook on ‘low’ for 8 hours.
- When done, shred your pork roast with two forks and mix it with the sauce sitting in the slow cooker pot.
- Serve the pulled pork immediately (or chilled in sandwiches).
Calories: 369 | Fat: 16.1g | Protein: 49g | Carbohydrates: 4g | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 3.5g
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Gluten-free… 101 Crockpots!, which is available below!
YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO FANTASTIC SLOW-COOKED GLUTEN-FREE MEALS COOKED WHILE YOU SLEEP! Want to create delicious gluten-free soups, roasts, breakfasts, bread and casseroles with ease? Then you will LOVE this simple stress-free guide to gluten-free crockpot cooking! Includes easy step-by-step instructions, cooking tips and simple recipes for 101 original and scrumptious gluten-free slow-cooked crockpot feasts while you sleep! BONUS: EXTRA COOKBOOK INSIDE! More info →
YOUR ULTIMATE GUIDE TO FANTASTIC GLUTEN-FREE DESSERTS AND SLOW-COOKED GLUTEN-FREE MEALS COOKED WHILE YOU SLEEP! This bundle of three cookbooks is full of delicious recipes for gluten-free soups, roasts, breakfasts, bread and casseroles, pies, muffins, brownies and puddings with ease. You will LOVE this simple stress-free guide to gluten-free cooking which includes more than 250 step-by-step, delicious and simple recipes while saving you 50%! BONUS: EXTRA XMAS RECIPE COOKBOOK INSIDE! More info →