Dixie Spinach Frittata
A frittata is like an omelette but with extra flavor. The cheese, pepper and garlic in this breakfast will have you whistling a happy low-salt tune!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Serves: 6
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 10 ounces spinach
- 10 eggs (or egg substitute)
- ½ pound sliced mushrooms
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350°F fan-forced (175°C).
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over a high heat on your cook top.
- Sauté (brown) your onion and garlic with the olive oil for 5 minutes. Add in the thyme and your mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. Put this mushroom mix aside for a short while.
- Place your spinach in another pan with the water and cook for just a few minutes. Drain out the spinach and squeeze out any extra liquid before chopping the leaves.
- Take a bowl and beat together your pepper, dill, and egg (substitute). Once you have finished, stir in your feta cheese, mushroom mixture (from step 3), and spinach.
- Clean out your skillet and coat it with some cooking spray. Heat it up again over a high heat and pour in your egg mixture.
- Place it into the oven and let it bake for 10 minutes, making sure to check at 5 minutes to see if it is doing well.
- When it is done, place a plate on top of your skillet, flip it over, and then cut the frittata into six slices before serving!
Fiber: 3g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 2g | Carbohydrate: 8g | Sodium: 300mg
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Salt-lite… in 30 Minutes!, which is available below!
This life-changing low-salt cookbook will show you EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT USING DIET TO REDUCE YOUR CHANCES OF STROKE, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND HEART ATTACK, and still keeping the TASTE in every single meal you eat! It includes a complete two-week flexible DASH Diet meal planner with 54 recipes for FULL-FLAVORED low-salt breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts! More info →