Fort Worth Fajitas
These fantastic low-salt fajitas are so tasty and juicy and have a taste so big that when you take a bite you’ll close your eyes and imagine you’re in Texas!
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Serves: 8
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 8 whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 4 cups lettuce, shredded
- 4 diced tomatoes
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 cup salsa
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- Preheat your grill or a broiler to 400°F fan-forced (205°C).
- In a bowl, stir together your garlic powder, coriander, paprika, oregano, and chili powder into a tasty seasoning. Take your pork pieces and dip them into the seasoning to coat them completely.
- Warm your tortillas on your grill for 1 minute, then put them aside (make sure not to heat them too long, or they may dry out).
- Place your strips of pork in your pan or broiler, along with the onions, and grill or broil them for 5 minutes so that they are browned all over.
- When you are ready to serve, pile the pork strips out on your tortillas and top them with your lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and salsa. Fold your tortilla over and then roll it closed before serving!
Fiber: 10g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 6g | Carbohydrate: 29g | Sodium: 535mg
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Salt-lite… in 30 Minutes!, which is available below!
This life-changing low-salt cookbook will show you EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT USING DIET TO REDUCE YOUR CHANCES OF STROKE, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND HEART ATTACK, and still keeping the TASTE in every single meal you eat! It includes a complete two-week flexible DASH Diet meal planner with 54 recipes for FULL-FLAVORED low-salt breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts! More info →