Seattle Teriyaki Beefsteak Salad
You can tweak this scrumptious gluten-free beef recipes with roasted red pepper. This salad has something for everyone, and is a good source of iron, potassium, zinc, niacin and vitamin A.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Serves: 4
- 14 ounces (400g) rump steak (1 inch thick) cut into 4 equal portions
- 14 ounces (400g) cooked vermicelli or spaghettini
- 14 ounces (400g) mixed lettuce or baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 ounce (28g) roasted pine nuts
- For your marinade: Combine your red wine, teriyaki sauce, basil, oregano and black pepper in a bowl. Add your beef and marinate it for a minimum of 10 minutes (optionally up to half an hour). Keep the extra marinade and put it aside.
- Cook your meat under a hot grill (or on a char-grill) on high heat for 4 minutes each side, until tender.
- For your vermicelli: Meanwhile boil some water in a saucepan and place your vermicelli in for 10 minutes. Drain, cover and put it aside.
- For an easy sauce, mix your leftover marinade with 1-2 tablespoons of cornflour in a saucepan and bring to the boil for 1 minute. Take it off the heat and put it aside to thicken.
- Slice your cooked meat into ½ inch-wide strips. Serve it on top of a bed of vermicelli and mixed lettuce, and garnish with toasted pine nuts
- Dress with your sauce and serve. Magnifique!
- (Optional) Roasted Red Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (fan-forced). Take two red peppers, cut them in half, and also remove their core and seeds.
- Place the vegetables on a lightly-oiled oven tray in a single layer, skin-side up.
- Brush lightly with oil, and bake for 25-30 minutes until the skin is blackened and the flesh soft.
- Allow your red peppers to cool, (if you want, you can remove the skin), then slice them up.
Energy: 285 cal (1200 Kj) | Fat: 6g | Carbohydrate: 35g | Fiber: 4g
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Gluten-Free… in 30 Minutes!, which is available below!
YOUR LIFE-CHANGING BEGINNERS-GUIDE COOKBOOK TO EFFORTLESSLY FEELING GREAT AND LOSING WEIGHT! This guide will teach you everything you need to know about starting a gluten-free lifestyle - in just half an hour. It also contains 30 delicious and simple gluten-free recipes which take no more than 30 minutes to prepare and cook. ALL THIS FOR JUST $1.99 More info →