Imagine dollops of the most delicious peanut butter covering a gluten-free brownies base which is smooth all the way… Absolutely delectable!
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Serves: 16
- ½ cup (105g) butter, cubed
- 6 ounces (170g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup (100g) white sugar
- ½ cup (100g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (100g) dark cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup (100g) smooth peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 320°F fan forced (180°C) and line a small square pan with parchment paper.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place your bowl over a hot water bath and melt the ingredients together, mixing until smooth. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool slightly.
- In a different bowl, combine the eggs with your white and your brown sugar and mix for at least 5 minutes, or until it has doubled in volume.
- Stir in the melted chocolate then fold in the cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan, then drop spoonfuls of smooth peanut butter over the batter.
- Bake it in the oven for 40 minutes or until it is fragrant. Let it cool in the pan before cutting into small squares.
Energy: 214 cal (989 Kj) | Fat: 14.1 | Protein: 4.4g | Carbohydrates: 20.1g
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Gluten-Free…101 Desserts!, which is available below!
YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CREATING MOUTH-WATERING GLUTEN-FREE DESSERTS IN NO TIME AT ALL! Would you like to whip up inspiring gluten-free pies, muffins, brownies and puddings without raising a sweat? Then you are going to LOVE this no-fuss stress-free gluten-free dessert cookbook! Includes simple step-by-step instructions, cooking tips and clearly-formatted easy-to-read recipes for 101 original and scrumptious gluten-free desserts in no time at all! BONUS: EXTRA COOKBOOK INSIDE! More info →