West Texas Chocolate Cake
This is the most decadent gluten-free cake west of the Pecos. Both the chocolate and the walnuts are rich and delicious, and when combined in the same recipe they taste ‘bigger than Texas’!
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Serves: 8
- 6 eggs, separated
- ½ cup (90g) maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups (240g) walnuts, ground
- 2 tablespoons (20g) coconut flour
- 1 cup (150g) chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 330°F fan-forced (165°C) and line a round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the egg yolks with your maple syrup using an electric mixer until they are fluffy and pale.
- Fold in your ground walnuts, salt and coconut flour, then add the chocolate chips as well.
- Pour your batter into the prepared pan and bake in the oven for 35 minutes, or until it turns golden brown and smells fragrant.
- Allow your gluten-free cake to cool in the pan when done.
Energy: 413 cal (1735Kj) | Fat: 28.3g | Protein: 13.7g | Carbohydrates: 30.2g
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Gluten-Free…101 Desserts!, which is available below!
YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CREATING MOUTH-WATERING GLUTEN-FREE DESSERTS IN NO TIME AT ALL! Would you like to whip up inspiring gluten-free pies, muffins, brownies and puddings without raising a sweat? Then you are going to LOVE this no-fuss stress-free gluten-free dessert cookbook! Includes simple step-by-step instructions, cooking tips and clearly-formatted easy-to-read recipes for 101 original and scrumptious gluten-free desserts in no time at all! BONUS: EXTRA COOKBOOK INSIDE! More info →
YOUR ULTIMATE GUIDE TO FANTASTIC GLUTEN-FREE DESSERTS AND SLOW-COOKED GLUTEN-FREE MEALS COOKED WHILE YOU SLEEP! This bundle of three cookbooks is full of delicious recipes for gluten-free soups, roasts, breakfasts, bread and casseroles, pies, muffins, brownies and puddings with ease. You will LOVE this simple stress-free guide to gluten-free cooking which includes more than 250 step-by-step, delicious and simple recipes while saving you 50%! BONUS: EXTRA XMAS RECIPE COOKBOOK INSIDE! More info →