Route 66 Cookies
These gluten-free cookies will make you king of the road – not only does the pumpkin keep them moist, but they are also full of spices which make them absolutely delicious!
Prep time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Serves: 5 dozen
- 1 cup (250ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1 cup (200g) white sugar
- 12 ounces (425g) pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (55g) cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (100g) sweet rice flour
- 1 cup (100g) brown rice flour
- ½ cup (50g) ground flaxseeds
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat your oven to 330°F fan-forced (165°C) and line four baking trays with parchment paper.
- Using your food mixer, combine the olive oil, sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla and cream cheese.
- Stir in your rice flour, ground flaxseeds, salt, baking soda and baking powder, as well as your spices.
- Give the bowl another quick mix, then drop spoonfuls of the batter onto your prepared trays.
- Bake your cookies in the oven for 15 minutes, or until they are fragrant and slightly golden brown on the edges.
- When done, remove the trays from the oven and let your cookies cool before serving.
- You can store these treats in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Energy: 94 cal (395Kj) | Fat: 5.4g | Protein: 1g | Carbohydrates: 10.7g
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Gluten-Free…101 Desserts!, which is available below!
YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CREATING MOUTH-WATERING GLUTEN-FREE DESSERTS IN NO TIME AT ALL! Would you like to whip up inspiring gluten-free pies, muffins, brownies and puddings without raising a sweat? Then you are going to LOVE this no-fuss stress-free gluten-free dessert cookbook! Includes simple step-by-step instructions, cooking tips and clearly-formatted easy-to-read recipes for 101 original and scrumptious gluten-free desserts in no time at all! BONUS: EXTRA COOKBOOK INSIDE! More info →