Salted Motown Fudge
Salt is a key ingredient for many dessert recipes, but that’s even more the case for chocolate-based treats. Salt brings out the best in chocolate and this gluten-free fudge takes that to the next level!
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 2 hours | Serves: 28
- 1 cup (250ml) evaporated milk
- ½ cup (105g) butter
- 1 cup (200g) white sugar
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 ounces (340g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons salt (consider ‘fleur de sel’, or hand-harvested sea salt)
- Combine your evaporated milk, butter, sugars and a pinch of salt in a heavy saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over a medium flame and heat it until your sugars have dissolved into a syrup.
- Continue cooking your syrup for 7 minutes until it begins to look slightly golden brown.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and quickly stir in your chocolate. Mix it with a spatula until it is well melted, then stir in your vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into a square pan lined with parchment paper or plastic wrap, and sprinkle with fleur de sel (hand-harvested sea salt).
- Refrigerate your fudge for 2 hours before cutting it into small squares with a warm knife.
- Store your fudge in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Energy: 153 cal (643Kj) | Fat: 7.6g | Protein: 1.4g Carbohydrates: 20.4g
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Gluten-Free…101 Desserts!, which is available below!
YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO CREATING MOUTH-WATERING GLUTEN-FREE DESSERTS IN NO TIME AT ALL! Would you like to whip up inspiring gluten-free pies, muffins, brownies and puddings without raising a sweat? Then you are going to LOVE this no-fuss stress-free gluten-free dessert cookbook! Includes simple step-by-step instructions, cooking tips and clearly-formatted easy-to-read recipes for 101 original and scrumptious gluten-free desserts in no time at all! BONUS: EXTRA COOKBOOK INSIDE! More info →