Rocky Mountain Lamb Chops
For the settlers heading West, the Rockies were the gateway to fame and fortune, and this gluten-free lamb recipe will leave you feeling like you’ve struck gold. Don’t forget the Ras el Hanout spice mix – it adds a little something special!
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Serves: 4
- 28 ounces (800g) lamb loin chops
- 2 tins garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 teaspoons Ras el Hanout spice mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 handfuls parsley, roughly chopped
- For your marinade: Combine your lemon juice, Ras el Hanout spice mix, and a good dash of salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the lamb chops and allow them to marinate for about 5 minutes.
- For your lamb: Heat some oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat (or fire up the barbecue!). Cook the chops for 3 minutes on each side (or longer, according to how you like your lamb). Remove them from the heat and cover them with foil. Allow them to rest for about 5 minutes while you prepare your garbanzo bean and bell pepper salad.
- For your garbanzo bean and bell pepper salad: Heat your oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook your onion for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Add bell peppers, garlic and balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 1 minute, or until fragrant. Toss through your parsley and garbanzo beans, making sure that everything is well coated with all that delicious flavor!
- To serve: Divide your garbanzo bean and bell pepper salad between plates and top with your lamb chops.
Energy: 738 cal (3101Kj) | Protein: 66g | Fat: total 37g, saturated 13g | Carbohydrate: 32g | Sugars: 5g
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Gluten-Free… in 30 Minutes!, which is available below!
YOUR LIFE-CHANGING BEGINNERS-GUIDE COOKBOOK TO EFFORTLESSLY FEELING GREAT AND LOSING WEIGHT! This guide will teach you everything you need to know about starting a gluten-free lifestyle - in just half an hour. It also contains 30 delicious and simple gluten-free recipes which take no more than 30 minutes to prepare and cook. ALL THIS FOR JUST $1.99 More info →