Californian Banquet Salad
This gluten-free recipe just has so much going for it – it’s light yet filling, it’s colorful, it’s packed full of nutrients – I just feel happy every time I make it!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 25 minutes | Serves: 4
- 13 ounces (300gm) quinoa
- 5 ounces (200gm) Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tin garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Cucumbers, diced
- 7 ounces (200gm) Red Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 7 ounces (200gm) Yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ounces (60gm) shallots, chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 chicken boullion cube
- For your quinoa: Wash and rinse the quinoa then dry roast it in a heavy bottomed saucepan for a minute or two, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the boullion cube in a pan of water and bring it to the boil. Once the water has boiled, pour it over the roasted quinoa so that the quinoa is under about about an inch of water. Bring it back to the boil and let it simmer for about 25 minutes.
- For your salad: While this is happening, take a large bowl and add the feta cheese, garbanzo beans, diced cucumbers, red and yellow cherry tomatoes and shallots. Mix together well.
- Fluff your quinoa with a fork and pour the bowl into your salad mix, along with your lemon juice, olive oil and white vinegar. Give the bowl another good mix.
- Spoon into each bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Gluten-Free… in 30 Minutes, which is available below!
YOUR LIFE-CHANGING BEGINNERS-GUIDE COOKBOOK TO EFFORTLESSLY FEELING GREAT AND LOSING WEIGHT! This guide will teach you everything you need to know about starting a gluten-free lifestyle - in just half an hour. It also contains 30 delicious and simple gluten-free recipes which take no more than 30 minutes to prepare and cook. ALL THIS FOR JUST $1.99 More info →
YOUR ULTIMATE GUIDE TO FANTASTIC GLUTEN-FREE DESSERTS AND SLOW-COOKED GLUTEN-FREE MEALS COOKED WHILE YOU SLEEP! This bundle of three cookbooks is full of delicious recipes for gluten-free soups, roasts, breakfasts, bread and casseroles, pies, muffins, brownies and puddings with ease. You will LOVE this simple stress-free guide to gluten-free cooking which includes more than 250 step-by-step, delicious and simple recipes while saving you 50%! BONUS: EXTRA XMAS RECIPE COOKBOOK INSIDE! More info →