Hawaiian Mango Chicken
Ahh, Hawaii – beautiful beaches, warm water, and the deliciously sweet taste of tropical mango. Serve this gluten-free recipe over basmati rice, and top with natural low-fat yogurt – you’ll be in paradise!
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Serves: 4
- 14 ounces (400g) skinless chicken fillets, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 9 ounces (250g) unsweetened canned mango, diced (or one fresh mango, diced)
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup light evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted cashews
- For your rice: Place your rice into a sieve and rinse it with cold tap water. The water will initially look cloudy, but continue to rinse until it turns clear (it doesn’t need to be crystal).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the washed rice and cook it for 10-12 minutes, or until soft. Drain, cover and put aside.
- For your chicken: Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and stir-fry the chicken fillet pieces gently on a medium heat for 5 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Remove your chicken pieces from the pan, and add the curry, onion, chili and cinnamon.
- Cook on a medium heat for three minutes, or until the onions are soft and golden.
- Add the milk, stirring constantly until it boils.
- Return your chicken to the pan, and add the cashews and mango.
- Cover and cook gently for a further 5 minutes to reheat thoroughly.
- To serve: Serve over a bed of basmati rice, and top with natural low-fat yogurt
Energy: 245 cal (1030Kj) | Fiber: 2g | Fat: 7g | Carbohydrates: 17g
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Gluten-Free… in 30 Minutes, which is available below!
YOUR LIFE-CHANGING BEGINNERS-GUIDE COOKBOOK TO EFFORTLESSLY FEELING GREAT AND LOSING WEIGHT! This guide will teach you everything you need to know about starting a gluten-free lifestyle - in just half an hour. It also contains 30 delicious and simple gluten-free recipes which take no more than 30 minutes to prepare and cook. ALL THIS FOR JUST $1.99 More info →
YOUR ULTIMATE GUIDE TO FANTASTIC GLUTEN-FREE DESSERTS AND SLOW-COOKED GLUTEN-FREE MEALS COOKED WHILE YOU SLEEP! This bundle of three cookbooks is full of delicious recipes for gluten-free soups, roasts, breakfasts, bread and casseroles, pies, muffins, brownies and puddings with ease. You will LOVE this simple stress-free guide to gluten-free cooking which includes more than 250 step-by-step, delicious and simple recipes while saving you 50%! BONUS: EXTRA XMAS RECIPE COOKBOOK INSIDE! More info →