Golden Gate Parfait
It’s no surprise that ‘parfait’ rhymes with ‘art’, because it’s so easy to make any parfait look absolutely delectable. This DASH Diet recipe uses blueberries and strawberries, but go ahead – get creative!
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Serves: 4
- 1½ cups blueberries
- 1 pint sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup softened cream cheese
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- For your filling: In a bowl, combine your honey, cream cheese, and yogurt. Beat the mixture so that it becomes fluffy.
- Arrange your parfait glasses and put 1/3 cup of strawberries into each one. Top them with some of your creamy filling from step 1, before adding ¼ cup of blueberries.
- Garnish each of your parfaits with the rest of the topping and then serve. Magnifique!
Fiber: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Carbohydrate: 24g |Sodium: 20mg
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Salt-lite… in 30 Minutes!, which is available below!
This life-changing low-salt cookbook will show you EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT USING DIET TO REDUCE YOUR CHANCES OF STROKE, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND HEART ATTACK, and still keeping the TASTE in every single meal you eat! It includes a complete two-week flexible DASH Diet meal planner with 54 recipes for FULL-FLAVORED low-salt breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts! More info →