Great Lakes Crockpot Oatmeal
The dried fruit in this delicious slow-cooked gluten-free oatmeal will give you a great start to the day! You can use any dried fruit in this breakfast recipe, however raisins, cranberries, pineapple, mango and prunes (or fruits that hold their shape) generally work the best.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 7 hours | Servings: 6
- 3 cups (375ml) milk
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1¼ cups (135g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 ounces (55g) raisins
- ½ cup (60g) dried cranberries
- ½ cup (60g) dried mango
- 1 tablespoon (25g) honey
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise
- Combine all of your ingredients (oats, milk, cranberries, mangoes, honey, vanilla bean, water) in your slow cooker and mix them together well.
- Cover your crockpot with the lid and cook on ‘low’ for 7 hours.
- Serve your oatmeal while it’s warm (or let it cool and serve it chilled).
Calories: 204 | Fat: 4.1g | Protein: 7.4g | Carbohydrates: 36.4g | Fiber: 3.4g | Sugar: 19.5g
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Gluten-free – 101 Crockpots!, which is available below!
YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO FANTASTIC SLOW-COOKED GLUTEN-FREE MEALS COOKED WHILE YOU SLEEP! Want to create delicious gluten-free soups, roasts, breakfasts, bread and casseroles with ease? Then you will LOVE this simple stress-free guide to gluten-free crockpot cooking! Includes easy step-by-step instructions, cooking tips and simple recipes for 101 original and scrumptious gluten-free slow-cooked crockpot feasts while you sleep! BONUS: EXTRA COOKBOOK INSIDE! More info →