Great Plains Pancakes
Just like the Great Plains, pancakes feed our nation. They are a great low-salt way to start the day – throw them in a hot pan and they are done!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Serves: 6
- 2 egg whites
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup sparkling water
- Use a small bowl to whisk together your milk, canola oil, and egg whites.
- In another bowl, combine your sugar, baking powder, and different flours. Add your egg whites and the water, and then stir the ingredients until done. Now you have your batter.
- Take a frying pan and heat it over a high heat. Add about half a cup of batter to your pan. Cook it for about 2 minutes, so that the surface of your pancake is covered with ‘bubbles’ and the edges begin to brown.
- Turn your pancake over and cook it so the bottom also turns brown and the pancake is cooked all the way through.
- Serve immediately. Repeat these steps with the rest of the batter.
Fiber: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Carbohydrate: 24g |Sodium: 20mg
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Salt-lite… in 30 Minutes!, which is available below!
This life-changing low-salt cookbook will show you EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT USING DIET TO REDUCE YOUR CHANCES OF STROKE, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND HEART ATTACK, and still keeping the TASTE in every single meal you eat! It includes a complete two-week flexible DASH Diet meal planner with 54 recipes for FULL-FLAVORED low-salt breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts! More info →