Lake Huron Stroganoff
Picture this – a snowy winter’s night, logs burning in the fireplace, quiet music in the background, and a plate of delicious low-salt Lake Huron beef stroganoff steaming on the table. Right, enough dreaming – get to it!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Serves: 4
- ½ pound beef round steak
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups egg noodles
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Fill a pot with water and bring it to the boil. Add your noodles and let them cook for 10 minutes so that they become soft. Drain the pasta and put aside for now.
- Meanwhile, take a frying pan and sauté (spray the pan with cooking oil and cook it over high heat, not letting it stick to the pan) your onions for 5 minutes, so that they turn translucent.
- Add your beef and cook for an additional 5 minutes, so that the beef is well browned. Drain off excess liquid and set aside.
- In another pan, whisk together your flour, water, and soup. Cook for 5 minutes so that the sauce can thicken.
- Add the paprika and your soup mixture (from step 4) in with the beef. Stir this mixture continually on the stove so that it warms through. Take the pan off the heat, add your sour cream, and stir it all to combine.
- When ready to serve, divide the pasta out onto separate plates, top with your beef stroganoff, and serve your meal right away.
Fiber: 2g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 6g | Carbohydrate: 38g | Sodium: 307mg
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Salt-lite… in 30 Minutes!, which is available below!
This life-changing low-salt cookbook will show you EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT USING DIET TO REDUCE YOUR CHANCES OF STROKE, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND HEART ATTACK, and still keeping the TASTE in every single meal you eat! It includes a complete two-week flexible DASH Diet meal planner with 54 recipes for FULL-FLAVORED low-salt breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts! More info →