Memphis Banana Bread
Banana bread is a classic in anyone’s book. This slow-cooked gluten-free recipe uses rice flour and flaxseed meal to help the dough bind together, while the applesauce adds moisture to the bread and means it can be stored for a longer period without going stale.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 4½ hours | Servings: 12
- 2½ cups (250g) rice flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 medium-size bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup (185ml) applesauce
- 1 cup (100g) flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mix your rice flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine your eggs, bananas, applesauce, coconut oil and vanilla and give it a good mix.
- Pour your wet ingredients (from step 2) over the dry ones (from step 1) and mix quickly, until they have combined together.
- Brush your crockpot with coconut oil and pour your batter into the pot.
- Cook the batter on ‘high’ for 4½ hours.
- Allow your bread to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Calories: 298 | Fat: 13.7g | Protein: 5.4g | Carbohydrates: 37.8g | Fiber: 4.3g | Sugar: 5.4g
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Gluten-free… 101 Crockpots!, which is available below!
YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO FANTASTIC SLOW-COOKED GLUTEN-FREE MEALS COOKED WHILE YOU SLEEP! Want to create delicious gluten-free soups, roasts, breakfasts, bread and casseroles with ease? Then you will LOVE this simple stress-free guide to gluten-free crockpot cooking! Includes easy step-by-step instructions, cooking tips and simple recipes for 101 original and scrumptious gluten-free slow-cooked crockpot feasts while you sleep! BONUS: EXTRA COOKBOOK INSIDE! More info →
YOUR ULTIMATE GUIDE TO FANTASTIC GLUTEN-FREE DESSERTS AND SLOW-COOKED GLUTEN-FREE MEALS COOKED WHILE YOU SLEEP! This bundle of three cookbooks is full of delicious recipes for gluten-free soups, roasts, breakfasts, bread and casseroles, pies, muffins, brownies and puddings with ease. You will LOVE this simple stress-free guide to gluten-free cooking which includes more than 250 step-by-step, delicious and simple recipes while saving you 50%! BONUS: EXTRA XMAS RECIPE COOKBOOK INSIDE! More info →