I love meatloaf because it is so versatile! This slow-cooked gluten-free recipe uses cheese to complement the flavor of the beef, but the possibilities are endless – make it spicier, sweeter, glaze it with ketchup or keep it simple. Whatever option you choose will be a winner!
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 8 hours | Servings: 8
- 2 pounds (900g) ground beef
- 4 ounces (110g) mushrooms, chopped
- 1½ cups (170g) grated Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (500g) almond meal
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine your ground beef, almond meal, chopped shallot, mushrooms, garlic, oregano and eggs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and give it all a good mix.
- Spoon half of your meat mixture into your slow cooker and top it with grated cheese.
- Cover this with the remaining half of your meatloaf mixture and cook it on ‘low’ for 8 hours.
- Serve your meatloaf immediately (chilled leftovers are also good the next day!)
Calories: 302 | Fat: 12.7g | Protein: 42.7g | Carbohydrates: 2.6g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0.7g
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Gluten-free… 101 Crockpots!, which is available below!
YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO FANTASTIC SLOW-COOKED GLUTEN-FREE MEALS COOKED WHILE YOU SLEEP! Want to create delicious gluten-free soups, roasts, breakfasts, bread and casseroles with ease? Then you will LOVE this simple stress-free guide to gluten-free crockpot cooking! Includes easy step-by-step instructions, cooking tips and simple recipes for 101 original and scrumptious gluten-free slow-cooked crockpot feasts while you sleep! BONUS: EXTRA COOKBOOK INSIDE! More info →