Ahh, pizza. The worst thing about pizza is looking at the empty plate after you have eaten the last slice – when you realize that there’s none left! The best thing? You can always have another pizza tomorrow!
Prep time: 15 minutes (plus 1 hour to rise) Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 6
- ¾ cup whole-wheat flour,
- 1 tablespoon oats
- 2 tablespoons barley flour
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons gluten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2½ cups tomatoes, sliced
- 2½ cups spinach, chopped
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon oregano, minced
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- For your dough: Put the water into a bowl and let your yeast dissolve in it for five minutes. While the yeast is dissolving, mix together the dry ingredients in another bowl and stir well.
- Add all of this to your yeast, along with the oil mixture and knead the dough for 15 minutes, until you get a good texture. Put your dough aside and allow it to rise for an hour before continuing.
- For your pizza: Preheat your oven to 450°F fan-forced (230°C). Sprinkle some flour onto a flat surface.
- Roll your dough out onto this surface so that it is shaped like a circle and is about a ¼ inch thick. Carefully move your dough onto a baking sheet.
- Top the pizza base with your mozzarella, black pepper, garlic, oregano, basil, tomatoes, and spinach.
- Slide it into the oven and let it bake for 15 minutes (or until the cheese melts).
- Slice it up and serve immediately.
Fiber: 4g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Carbohydrate: 20g | Sodium: 83mg
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Salt-lite… in 30 Minutes!, which is available below!
This life-changing low-salt cookbook will show you EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT USING DIET TO REDUCE YOUR CHANCES OF STROKE, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND HEART ATTACK, and still keeping the TASTE in every single meal you eat! It includes a complete two-week flexible DASH Diet meal planner with 54 recipes for FULL-FLAVORED low-salt breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts! More info →