I love DASH-Diet fish dishes – they are so healthy and yet taste divine. This low-salt salmon recipe is no exception – it will make your day!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
- 4 salmon fillets
- 4 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 chopped green olives
- 4 slices lemon
- Turn on your grill and coat the grill rack with cooking spray. Position the rack about 5 inches from the source of heat.
- While the grill is heating up, take a bowl and combine your lemon juice, garlic, parsley, and basil.
- Spray cooking oil on your salmon and sprinkle each fillet with your black pepper. Top each of your fillets with the basil and garlic mixture, before placing the fish on the grill. Make sure the side with the herbs faces down and the grill is on high heat.
- When the edges of each fillet turn white (which will take about 4 minutes), you can turn each piece of salmon over and place it onto some foil. Move each fillet to a cooler part on the grill and turn down the heat.
- Continue to grill your salmon until it turns white. Once this happens, take each fillet off the grill and place on a warm plate. Garnish with your lemon slices and green olives before serving.
Fiber: 0g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 9g | Carbohydrate: 2g | Sodium: 105mg
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Salt-lite… in 30 Minutes!, which is available below!
This life-changing low-salt cookbook will show you EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT USING DIET TO REDUCE YOUR CHANCES OF STROKE, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND HEART ATTACK, and still keeping the TASTE in every single meal you eat! It includes a complete two-week flexible DASH Diet meal planner with 54 recipes for FULL-FLAVORED low-salt breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts! More info →