Springfield Chicken Casserole
The middle name for this slow-cooked gluten-free casserole is ‘versatile’. Potatoes, beans, snap peas, tomatoes and black olives are only a few of the vegetables that this delicious recipe uses, but you should let your taste buds dictate the final ingredients!
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 8 hours | Servings: 8
- 2 chicken breasts (450g), cubed
- 4 potatoes (450g), peeled and cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes (450g), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup (200g) dried white beans, washed
- 2 tomatoes (220g), peeled and cubed
- 4 ounces (115g) snap peas
- 1 cup (115g) green peas
- ½ cup (60g) black olives
- 2 cups (500ml) gluten-free chicken stock
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Combine all of your ingredients, (other than the dill) in your slow cooker.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and cook your stew on ‘low’ for 8 hours.
- When done, stir in your dill and serve your casserole immediately.
Calories: 320 | Fat: 4.2g | Protein: 20.9g | Carbohydrates: 50.8g | Fiber: 10.6g | Sugar: 5.4g
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Gluten-free… 101 Crockpots!, which is available below!
YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO FANTASTIC SLOW-COOKED GLUTEN-FREE MEALS COOKED WHILE YOU SLEEP! Want to create delicious gluten-free soups, roasts, breakfasts, bread and casseroles with ease? Then you will LOVE this simple stress-free guide to gluten-free crockpot cooking! Includes easy step-by-step instructions, cooking tips and simple recipes for 101 original and scrumptious gluten-free slow-cooked crockpot feasts while you sleep! BONUS: EXTRA COOKBOOK INSIDE! More info →
YOUR ULTIMATE GUIDE TO FANTASTIC GLUTEN-FREE DESSERTS AND SLOW-COOKED GLUTEN-FREE MEALS COOKED WHILE YOU SLEEP! This bundle of three cookbooks is full of delicious recipes for gluten-free soups, roasts, breakfasts, bread and casseroles, pies, muffins, brownies and puddings with ease. You will LOVE this simple stress-free guide to gluten-free cooking which includes more than 250 step-by-step, delicious and simple recipes while saving you 50%! BONUS: EXTRA XMAS RECIPE COOKBOOK INSIDE! More info →