Times Square Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Cake. No two words have ever looked more delicious when used together. This delicious DASH Diet chocolate dessert recipe will soon find a special place in your heart!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Serves: 20
- 3 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup canola oil
- Preheat your oven to 350°F fan-forced (175°C).
- Put your baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, sugar, and flour into a baking pan. Whisk the ingredients together.
- Use a spoon to poke 3 holes into the mixture. Pour your vanilla into one of the holes, your vinegar into another, and your oil into the third hole.
- Microwave your water on high for three minutes so that it boils. Put your ingredients (from step 3) in the pan and pour your hot water evenly on top of them. Whisk everything together for about 2 minutes.
- Place the baking pan into your oven and bake it for 25 minutes. Allow your cake to cool down all the way before cutting into 20 pieces and serving immediately!
Fiber: 2g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Carbohydrate: 23g | Sodium: 201mg
This recipe is an excerpt from the cookbook Make Me Salt-lite… in 30 Minutes!, which is available below!
This life-changing low-salt cookbook will show you EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT USING DIET TO REDUCE YOUR CHANCES OF STROKE, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND HEART ATTACK, and still keeping the TASTE in every single meal you eat! It includes a complete two-week flexible DASH Diet meal planner with 54 recipes for FULL-FLAVORED low-salt breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts! More info →